Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Location: 38,000 Feet above Australia, destination Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Date: 21st April 2010



Tessa Says: I’m such a pansy when it comes to flying. Upon arrival to the airport I was convinced that I was getting kidney stones, I had this bright spark of an idea due to just recently emerging from hospital with debris in my gall bladder. I some how figured that the debris had moved down into my kidneys and I was due for another nasty shock. Jared’s helped me to come to the conclusion now 1 hour into the flight that it was just my usual psychosomatic conundrum I find myself in. There are no kidney stones. The anxiety has somewhat subsided and we are now enjoying our one and only Air Asia meal for our 8 and a half hour flight. Chicken Rendang and a small bottle of water. (see photo) I’m feeling pretty good, my objectives for KL are to find a pair of pants as I currently only have one pair of “bottoms” in our ridiculous light luggage, and hopefully if my energy permits, go to a THEME PARK!

Jared Says: After a restless night’s sleep in our Gold Coast motel it is bloody good to be finely on our way. Coolangatta itself was a quick and painless experience as we were only there for 12 hours and stayed about 1km from the airport. The highlight had to be the “Surf and Turf” meal I had for dinner at the local surf club, although catching up with my aunt was also good and will be real nice to hang out with her more on our return to Brissy. So, although, we were only 10 mins walk to the airport we had to get a taxi there, cause it was raining, in Queensland. Talking to the taxi driver I was informed that there had only been 11 dry days in the last three months in the Gold Coast, so I was super stoked to inform him that in Whangarei we had probably had less than 11 days of rain in the last three months, although I shouldn’t be so smug, when it is Qld that we will be returning to. Although the weather wasn’t too flash it was a smooth take-off and apart from the usual potential broken fingers (from Tess squeezing my hand so tight), we are in the air on a relatively quiet, not too busy flight. Our first curry for breakfast (chicken rendang) had a bit of a 3 minute microwave meal feel to it, but was spicy enough to keep me happy before the real delights begin once we hit KL. Looking out the plane window I cant help but think, “Damn, Aussie has a lot of open land. Why can’t they do more with it all? Is it that much hotter or arid than India?” We will see.

Accommodation: Golden Shores Motel, Coolangatta. $100 per night for a nice double room. (April 20). ****

Eats: Chicken rendang on Air Asia **





No comments:

Post a Comment